THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020
There are now officially more than one MILLION confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of today. Buckle-up, everyone. And, please, hunker-down. We’ll get through this; the time table might be longer than we had initially hoped. This is still NOT a time to panic; not a time for fear. Definitely a time to look up, though!
As you’re aware, we’ve suspended our in-person fellowship times and have gone solely to live-streaming for our weekly services. This isn’t optimal, but having anything available at this point seems to be the new optimal. I don’t remember if I mentioned this verse or not in the past couple weeks, but it keeps coming to mind: 2John 12—“Having many things to write to you, I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full” (see also: 3John 13, 14). That’s how I feel, too. I can’t wait for all of us to be able to see each other again, but that will have to wait.
I wanted to take a minute and do a few things: make sure you’re able to connect with our live-streaming services, make sure you know how you can give if you’d like to do so, provide some online resources, and make sure you know how to download CCO’s app.
So here goes:
LIVE-STREAMING: click THIS LINK.
- You’ll also find a section on the CCO app called, “watch online.”
- we started live-streaming our midweek services last night and we were also able to link that to CCO'S FACEBOOK PAGE
- we’ll continue to live-stream on Wednesday evenings @ 7:00
- for Sundays, we’re going to shoot for 10:30am, but we’ll keep you posted about that as well
TITHES/GIFTS/OFFERINGS: click THIS LINK to get started.
- you can also try CCO’s “TEXT-TO-GIVE” option which is very easy to start and use
- simply text an amount to 84321
- this will ask you to select the church to which you’d like to give
- find CCO and follow the instructions from there
- if you haven’t used the ONLINE OPTION, again, click the link above
- it will take likely less than 4 minutes for you to get started
- some folks have decided to MAIL CHECKS directly to Calvary Chapel
- this is a great option, but you should know that we won’t be able to make deposits on a very consistent basis
- CCO’s APP also has a link to calvaryozarks.org's giving page
FOR CCO’S APP, simply click THIS LINK on our page to get started.
- it’s possible that you have our old app which is now defunct
- if you have a question about it after you’ve visited our link, feel free to SHOOT AN EMAIL TO THE CHURCH OFFICE
- you’ll find many different studies on the app - dig in
AS FOR OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES, here are a few great ones:
- CALVARY CHAPEL VINELAND (CCV) - Pastor Jeremy's sending church:
- CLICK HERE to find CCV on Facebook
- CLICK HERE for the media portion of CCV's website
- HARVEST is also loaded with great Bible studies from Pastor Greg Laurie and others:
- CLICK HERE and start investigating their site
- HERE'S A LINK for a free digital download of Chuck Smith's book, WHY GRACE CHANGES EVERYTHING
- this really should be on every Christian's "must read" list
- and, since it's a free download for KINDLE right now, so you can't go wrong!
- If you'd like to dig into a fairly massive library of Bible study tools, studies, and sermons, CLICK HERE to get introduced to the fantastic site, BLUE LETTER BIBLE
In other news, CCO’s leadership team is discussing different ways that we can stay connected. I’m going to suggest this as a solid starting point: pick up the phone and call (or text) someone you know from the church and see how you can pray for them. You’re always welcome to email prayer requests to the church office (OFFICE@CALVARYOZARKS.ORG); we really do pray for those when we receive them.
EASTER. I should mention something about that, too. We will have a service of some variety, but we’re unclear on what that’s going to look like just yet. We’re still taking pretty much everything on a service-to-service basis, and Sunday the 12th is no different at this point.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this. Let’s spend time in prayer. Let’s stay connected as best as we can. Stay in the Word. Trust God. Rejoice always. Do not quench the Spirit. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Read through 1Thessalonians 5:15-22. And look to Jesus—His return is just around the corner. Hold on tight!
Tons of blessing,